ATTN: There is a significant waiting period for each Weatherwool product. The backorder wait period could be until January 2020. Please be aware of this before placing your order.
Our Hoodie is more of a crossover garment than anything else we make.
The Hoodie is an example of why it is sometimes so difficult to make pure-American products. Only one American company made wool knitted cuffs. After our initial purchase they discontinued production. We had to source new Superfine (18 Microns) Merino Fiber, then have it custom-dyed, spun, woven into yarn and finally custom-knitted. This delayed completion of our first batch of Hoodies for about 10 months. Wool cuffs are significantly more costly than cotton or acrylic, which feel quite similar to each other. But in adverse conditions, our wool cuffs perform, protecting your wrists from heat loss. Protect your wrists and your hands are much more likely to retain their dexterity in the cold.
- Construction of our FullWeight or MidWeight Merino Jacquard Fabric
- Two-way, heavy duty YKK Vislon full-front zipper
- Generous Hood with adjustments that are easy to work even with mittens
- Snug and stretchy knitted Superfine Merino Cuffs and Ribs. Soft and warm, 100% pure Merino weave provides the stretch-and-snug
- Two large front handwarmer pockets that zipper securely
- One smaller inner pocket behind the handwarmer pocket on the left side, where right-handed people generally prefer it. This inner pocket also zippers shut and will accommodate a large cell phone
- The sleeves and cuffs are extra long on these Hoodies. Most people will be able to curl their hand inside the sleeve and not need to carry gloves
- Large FullWeight Hoodie weighs 3 lbs 5 oz (1.5 kg), MidWeight Hoodie weighs 2 lbs, 7 oz (1.1 kg)
The Ultimate Wool Hoodie.