Basic Navigation for Search and Rescue and Survival is a valuable reference for skilled rescue professionals, recreationists and anyone active in a wilderness setting. This lightweight folding guide is waterproof to withstand rigorous use in the field and fits easily in your pocket. Developed by NASAR’s education division in collaboration with Waterford Press, the easy-to-use guide contains supporting color illustrations and will assist your ability to expertly navigate using a map, compass and GPS. Topics include triangulation techniques, aiming off, measuring distance in the field and techniques to navigate in a survival situation. Great resource for SAR technicians, as well as campers, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts. It’s made in the USA by a family owned and operated publishing company.
- A must-have, waterproof folding pocket guide for anyone active in a wilderness setting that will easily fit in your gear
- This guide provides novice and expert alike essential information in a straight forward, easy to understand way
- It reviews navigation techniques, features easy to interpret, hand-drawn illustrations and includes reference information for rescue professionals
- The patented folded design is lightweight, durable, and ideally sized to fit in a pocket or gear; dimensions: 5 1/2”x 3 3/4” folded; 18 3/4” folded out
- It’s made in the USA by a family owned and operated publishing company, which has specialized in printing guides for decades