ATTN: There is a significant waiting period for each Weatherwool product. The backorder wait period could be until January 2020. Please be aware of this before placing your order.
[Please note: The Neck Gaiter is knitted, not woven, and is therefore very different from our other products. It is of course pure-American and very fine, pure Merino, but knitting and weaving are totally different ... and so the Neck Gaiter exemplifies our philosophy, but handling the knitted Gaiter is nothing like handling our garments made of woven Fabric.]
Our Neck Gaiter is a Scarf, a Gaiter, a Balaclava and Leg- or Arm-Warmer in one:
- Made of super-fine 18-micron pure-American Merino wool
- Extra-loose knit for maximum dead air space and great stretch and spring
- Extremely light
- The Gaiter is a tube that measures 42 inches by 11 inches when laid out flat (107 cm by 29 cm). Of course, it would be twice as wide if it was not a tube. So there is quite a bit of wool to it.
- Opened ends for more chest coverage when doubled as a gaiter or balaclava
- Machine washable and dryable (don't do this with our woven products!!)
- Can actually be used as an arm and even leg covering. This surprised us, but a Special Forces Vet was here at the house and he showed us how he intends to sleep with one Gaiter over each leg. He also uses the Neck Gaiter as a leg-warmer after vigorous hiking. It's such a kick to us to see how people put WeatherWool to uses we never thought of! He calls this piece a Multi-Scarf